Welcome to the Chalet Bonjour Bonjour
Location, it is said, is everything. Passing the old church as you go, Chalet Bonjour Bonjour is only three minutes easy walk from the pistes and high-speed lifts of the traditional old mountain village of Tignes les Brévières with its wonderful access to the whole of the Tignes and Val d’Isère ski areas.
Chalet Bonjour is an Alpine chalet in the true sense of the word. It is a quality, detached property built in the Savoyarde style. Unlike many so called chalets, it is not a collection of apartments or rooms situated above shops, bars or restaurants.
The beautiful view over the lake to the tree covered slopes beyond can be enjoyed from the balconies of the bedrooms to the front of the chalet. On a bright, frosty morning, with the church bells ringing and a fresh covering of snow, this really must be the most magical place in the whole of the Espace Killy (Tignes / Val d’Isère) ski area!
Okay, enough of the daydreaming and on to the practicalities!
Holidays run from Sunday to Sunday and include breakfast each morning, afternoon tea from 4.30 to 5.30 pm, and dinner on six nights. Although rooms will not normally be available until later in the day, you can arrive anytime after 9.00 am on Sunday and we will provide somewhere for you to change and leave your cases. On the Sunday of departure, we ask that you vacate your rooms by 10.00 am, but again you may leave your bags with us and there will be somewhere to change when you return to the chalet in the afternoon.
For competent skiers and boarders (minimum standard – blues are easy for you and you can ski reds happily if not elegantly), there are two ski hosts resident in the chalet, who for five days will show you the ski area, the most interesting runs, and the best vin chaud and eating places. Even if you know the area well, it can be fun to go with the hosts, if only for the odd day or two.
For a small additional fee and subject to the weather being suitable, we organise a weekly picnic, held on the slopes. Included are pizzas, pasta, quiche, sandwiches, savoury and sweet snacks, vin chaud, beer and soft drinks This is great socially and fantastic value for money!
Please refer to our floor plans to see how the bedrooms are arranged.
On arrival, bags and skis can be unloaded directly outside the front door, where staff will, whenever possible, help to carry them to your rooms.
- Leading from the large entrance hall is the sitting / dining area, ski storage and boot room and the main staircase.
- Dining Room
To the left of the entrance hall and adjacent to the kitchen is the spacious dining room with traditional tables and chairs in a Savoyarde style.
- Sitting Room
Leading from the dining room is the sitting room, designed around a log burning fire with sofas and small tables arranged in cosy groups. This is where afternoon tea is served and where tall stories are exchanged at night!
- Live-in Staff
Some of the staff live in. All are encouraged to socialise with the guests and to be available to offer help and advice whenever needed.
- Heated Boot Room
Further down the hall is the ski and boot room, with a separate exit so that ski boots need never be worn in the main part of the chalet. We are very proud of our stainless steel boot warming racks – guaranteed warm, dry boots every morning!
- Sun Terrace
Accessed from the first floor landing is our 130 square metre sun terrace, where those not skiing can top up their tan on sunny days.
- Hot Tub
Newly installed on the sun terrace for the 2008/2009 season is our inviting Nordic hot tub. This facility is free to use, but please bring costumes.
The chalet can comfortably take up to 36 guests. There are 14 guest bedrooms, all with bathrooms and toilets en-suite, with a mixture of doubles, twins, king-size and family rooms.
- No two bedrooms are the same and most offer more space and storage than is usually found in ski chalets. The quality of their soft furnishings adds to the mountain feel of the chalet.
- When all the family rooms are taken, some of the twins can take a put-you-up bed, although this may make them a little cosy!
- Each bedroom has a flat screen TV. Most of the rooms are within range of our free WiFi network for those who bring their own laptops or handhelds. There is also a desk in the hallway with a computer connected to the Internet for free use by our guests. Mobile reception throughout the chalet is good.
- Unlike many chalets, all bedrooms are lockable. All beds have individual reading lights and there are spare mains sockets in each room for charging mobiles, computers, toothbrushes, etc. Towels are changed midweek.
- Heating in each bedroom can be individually adjusted by thermostat.
- Two of the fully tiled bathrooms have baths and the remaining twelve have showers. All benefit from an abundant supply of hot water.
A cooked breakfast is served on six mornings, supplemented by a choice of cereals, porridge, boiled eggs, bread, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, fruit juice, etc.
- Afternoon Tea
Afternoon tea, consisting of tea, cakes and a healthy alternative in the form of fresh fruit salad, fruit bowl or dips will be available every day from 4.30 until 5.30 pm.
Dinner is served at 8.00 pm. There is always a minimum of three courses, with fresh meat or fish and vegetables whenever possible. Our chefs are encouraged to prepare healthy, wholesome meals; however, naughty but nice items do sometimes sneak into the menu! Complimentary red and white wines are served in abundance throughout dinner.
- After dinner, take your pick from latte, cappuccino, espresso or freshly ground coffee. Hot chocolate, decaffeinated coffee and tea are also available.
- Dinner menus are rotated on a fortnightly basis, so those staying for two weeks will have plenty of variety.
- Saturday Candlelit Dinners
On Saturdays, we try to create a special atmosphere and a candlelit dinner with liqueurs and chocolates may be followed by presentations. Chalet staff with guitars, or guests for that matter, are encouraged to do their bit!
There is a large car park just one minute’s walk from the chalet.
The Bonjour Bonjour is a no smoking chalet and smoking is permitted only on the balconies.
Ski Tignes les Brev Ltd
Littlecroft, Burton Leonard, Harrogate, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, HG3 3RW
Registered in England No 6292400